On the basis of organs of locomotion , the protozoa are divided into four classes. They are named as
1) Sarcodina 2) Mastigophora 3) Cilliata 4) Sporozoa
1) Sarcodina:- These are protozoa with organs of locomotion as pseudopodia which means false foot Example Amoeba
2) Mastigophora;- These are protozoa with organs of locomotion as flagella. The number of flagella are different in different protozoa.
3) Cilliata:- These are protozoa which have organs of locomotion as cilia . Cillia are small hairs like structure seen. These are many in numbers on the body of animals. Example Paramecium
4) Sporozoa:- These are protozoa which have no organs of locomotion.
The protozoa phylum has been divided into four subphyla according to revised classification of protozoa done by Holigberg in 1964. The four subphyla are